I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Saturday 18 October 2008

Colour Selection

This is what we have selected for our home - looks great in our imaginations.....

* Feature walls (Master & Rumpus): Wattyl Exotic Night
* Feature wall (stairwell): Wattyl Tivo
* Walls: Wattyl Kid Leather
* Cabinets: Fudge Stream
* Overhead cabinets: Moleskin
* Bench Tops: QQ New Diamond White
* Glass splashback: Dulux Fanfare
* Floor tiles: Kimberly Stone
* Feature tiles - Mirage Pepper
* Front Door: Double MAD101 with Cedar stain
* Garage: Cedar
* Portico render: Dulux Brood
* Front render: Dune
* Windows: Woodland Grey
* Fascia: Dune
*Gutters & Drainpipes: Woodland Grey
* Roof: Colorbond Woodland Grey
* Bricks: Boral Mocha with raked natural mortar

2 comments:

BelleBeau said...

Hey Mandy, looks like we are neck and neck! When is your contract date?

Love exotic night!! Should look great, can't wait to see it in pictures.

Cheers
J

NoShitSherlock said...

Hi J. Thanks for the vote of confidence with the 'Exotic Night'. I was determined to go all neutral with the house but then couldn't help myself and had to add some purple..

Our date is August 26, what about you? We do seem to be advancing at the same rate although apparently, double storeys take an extra 10 weeks (??) so you'll probably be in way before me and I will be extremely jealous!!