I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Tuesday 23 December 2008

Christmas Break? What Christmas Break?























Okay, so we were very excited once again after the pipes were laid and the slab poured. 'Of course', we thought, 'they'll get the slab down so we can pay the nice big bill just before the Christmas break and then there'll be nothing for a month.' So we ran around on the slab for a day or two and left the site alone (and went to the bank to pay the big bill).






Then we get a surprise phone call from our future neighbour telling us that there was more movement at the station... Of course we flew over there and, sure enough, the pixies were laying out timber for the frame!! The darlings are going to have the weekend off and will be back on Monday. What a lovely treat!

Our only concern now, though, is that everything looks so tiny!! We have been assured by a few experienced home builders that the slab always looks small, but really - nothing is going to fit! 'Too late now!' she cried. We will just have to make do.

No comments: