I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Lift Off!!







Original start date - 12/12/08...Actual start date 08/12/08!! I'm impressed already. I barely had time to take a quick photo of our new neighbours before there was action on our block. So after three days we have had our site scrape, tap installed, temporary fencing and......wait for it......Port-a-Loo!! Yayyy!! I know, I know - it will all end next week as everyone has a break for Christmas - but we are sooo excited! I haven't met our supervisor yet, and we've driven past a few times and haven't yet caught anyone on site, just something new there everytime. I'm beginning to think they're just magical pixies....???


I can't believe it actually rained on day 2! It never rains here! Luckily, it was just a lovely shower and has not set in for the week. I wonder what the pixies will bring tomorrow.....




2 comments:

THE HOLIDAY GANG said...

Hi Mandy
Looks great - I know it seems strange to get so excited over a porta loo and a bit of fence but we get it! It IS exciting. Wait until the slab gets poured by the Pixies. Hopefully will happen before Christmas. Are you having a waffle slab?
..and thanks so much for the contract details of your stairs, it helped enormously in our negotiations. Hopefully we can repay the favour as your build progresses.

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Mandy, just saw your blog, congratulations on the start and welcome to world of building blogs. Hope are ramblings are useful and that things move along for your team real soon.

R&C