I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Wednesday 25 March 2009

Out in the cold.

Went to have a look at the staircase tonight and couldn't 'cos we have finally been locked out. It was nice to see the bi-folds in but at the same time very sad that we can no longer go in and run around. So here are a couple of shots of the house without scaffolding and with doors, and what we can see of the staircase through the doors .
Bedroom 2
Looking from kitchen through laundry
Looking toward kitchen, dining & rumpus from living

House minus scaffold and garage



Bi-folds and alfresco

Looking toward front doors and staircase from rear

3 comments:

K AND T said...

Oh no - locked out! Worst nightmare comes true!
You will just have to keep the outside facade shots coming. Bricks look great and I love how you've added the alfresco.
I went through my 1st "Rowland" display home this week and I think it's a fantastic design. Well done!

BelleBeau said...

Certainly looking good from the outside! Those bi folds are very attractive indeed.

Just a tip, did you actually check all the doors???? We have found one or two unlocked a time or two.

Good luck with it,

Cheers
J

NoShitSherlock said...

Oh, J, you silly duffer...of course we checked all the doors!! Lol - I even had my 6 year old son putting his hand through the hole for the deadbolt to see if he could reach the handle from the inside! We will be visiting at regular intervals to see if any doors are 'accidentally' unlocked. Hehe.. I feel like a child playing hide and seek - so sneaky..

K and T - thanks for the vote of confidence with the bricks.. I think they look great and now can't wait to see them with a bit of render. I'm glad we added the alfresco - it would have been a while before we did something there otherwise. Probably would just have a big puddle or something there...Lol. I share your joy about the garage - can you just see us strolling inside casually from the car with our shopping bags? No neighbours watching, no weather affecting us...exactly what dreams are made of!