I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Bats in the belfry.

Or should that be 'batts'? As usual, there has been much action at the house. There are cables everywhere and in all the right places as far as we can see. I must say I am very relieved about that considering how many times I rang and 'annoyed' the electricians with 'just one more thing'!The plumbing is all done. The heating and cooling units and ducting have been installed. Graeme is impressed with the cooling unit - apparently it's a 'whopper', which is good 'cos I need to be cool! The insulation has arrived and semi-done.

The bricks are almost finished. Our brickie is now waiting for the scaffolding to be removed so he can finish. The scaffolding was also a problem for the bi-fold door man. Apparently he turned up yesterday to install the doors only to find he couldn't get them in because of the scaffold... I hope he didn't travel far! Lucky for us though, 'cos that would mean we would be at lock-up and possibly not able to get in for a look. All the other doors were shut and locked today, which could be a sign that our daily visits might be coming to an end.

We did sneak in and move a fan noggin and put some noggins in elsewhere for towel rails and shelves etc. All with the blessing of our wonderful supervisor. Hopefully everything has been thought of and acted on. If not, it's too late now because.......we have plaster!! Actually the plasterer was there before the insulation was in so he had to wait around for that to be done before he could start. He was a day early, but that's okay by us. I tell you, there has been absolutely no time wasted here! We are no longer able to walk through the walls downstairs and are starting to get a real feel for the size and shape of the house.


Laundry plumbing.

Can't remember what this is for - I'm sure it's very important.

Upstairs bathroom shower.

Where all the wires originate.

Insulation and ducting - really does look like a spaceship.

My kitchen & pantry.

Looking towards front door from back - and no, those kids would never dream of climbing that ladder..;)

Living room.

Almost a house.

Impressive cooling unit!

3 comments:

BelleBeau said...

OMG I am sooo jealous, you have plaster!!!!

Our plaster has been sitting there for a week. Looks like you are inching ahead, as our bi folds have not arrived yet either.

Hope the good work keeps up for you Mandy. Not looking forward to the lock up invoice, I can tell you. It's just a bit big....

Cheers
J

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Really taking shape here, you must be pleased how its coming along. R&C

K AND T said...

Wow, how exciting! It looks great, very nice colour choices. Inside is looking good too - I love a house at plaster stage, always looks so nice and bright and airy.