I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Wednesday 18 February 2009

Now we can welcome our visitors!

That's right, we have a front door for our visitors to knock on! Woo hoo! I love my doors and I love my door handle! The kids are excited to have a big box where their bath will be and were very tempted to walk out the sliding doors onto the balcony. I did stop them though, because the balcony doesn't actually have a floor yet and it would have been quite a fall for them. I'm a good, responsible mother I am. Lol. I apologise for the lopsided photo, the walls are straight, not so sure about the photographer...












2 comments:

BelleBeau said...

Mandy, those doors are gorgeous! What colour are they going to be, or are you staining them.
Really looking good now.
Cheers
J

NoShitSherlock said...

Hi J,

We're staining the front doors in a cedar colour to match the garage door, the stairs and the bifolds. Hope it looks okay..