I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Friday 17 April 2009

The good and the bad news.

We received word yesterday that our ever-so-wonderful SS is very unwell and will not be able to finish the job with us. He had been on two weeks holiday and fell ill while away. We will miss him and hope he recovers well and quickly.

Meanwhile, we have met our new SS, over the phone, and he seems quite reasonable as well so hopefully the relatively smooth sailing will continue.

The painters came in to start on Wednesday. Apparently, they were told the house was at 'fix stage' as well and would be ready to paint. Not so! So they sat around a bit, did a little bit of preparation work, and went home. Waste of a day for them...

The stair man (carpenter??) came in yesterday and started dismantling the incorrect staircase. Today he came back and started putting in the correct one. Unfortunately, I couldn't get in to take photos today, but if he's back tomorrow to finish them I will get some. I have to say though, that looking through the window, they look absolutely fantastic! I can't wait to get in and have a closer look.

It also seems that we have indeed sold our house, with a settlement date of July 3. Our new SS did some quick calculations and estimated that our new house should be finished in time, with maybe a couple of weeks to spare (!!!!!) Fingers and toes crossed now everybody, please.. Lol.

I will try to post some pics very soon.

4 comments:

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Mandy, our SS has also been sick, I think we have the same one. He is very good and been very helpful all the way through our build with the problems the traddies have left behind. Settlement July 3rd, thats great as you will be in before the big wet comes. Lets hope PD keep on track. R&C

BelleBeau said...

LOL we sold too!! July 9 settlement and PD won't move on August 11 except to say "should be before then"

Bad news about your SS, hope the new one gets things back on track for you.

If your painter has nothing to do, please send him my way!!!

Cheers
J

NoShitSherlock said...

Hi everyone!

R&C, you make us all laugh with your reference to 'the big wet'! Lol - if we ever get any rain around here I won't mind tramping a bit of mud through the new house - at least the tiles will be easy to clean! I hope your new SS is quick to get on top of your list.

Good news to you again, J on your sale. I will chat to the painter, but he's not going anywhere until he's done here - lol!

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Mandy, don't laugh. I reckon when everyone has installed a rainwater tank, the dams are at 15% and we are paying tooth and nail for water the heavens will open up,lol. Seriously, I meant winter.