I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Monday 27 April 2009

Minor facelift..

A little bit more action today. The render has been done to the front study and portico. It really brightens the house up at the moment, but time will tell how it will look once it's painted. It will be light at the front (Colourbond 'Dune') and a darker colour for the portico (Dulux 'Brood')...
Still not finished with skirtings/architraves inside, which must be very frustrating for the painters who are working very hard, but gives us still a bit of time away from the bank and that big 'fix' payment. Don't think I can put it off for much longer though....


4 comments:

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Mandy, gee your quick on the old blog, didn't even have a chance to leave a note on the last update. The place is really starting to take shape and I love the stairs and render. I would hold out on that fix payment until it is all done for fixing stage, Our building inspector told us that if you pay and they are not finished, PD go broke in between, then you are not covered under the HIA insurance for what hasn't been done.
R&C

NoShitSherlock said...

Thanks for the tip R&C. I wouldn't be surprised if PD did go broke, with all the money they seem to throw down the drain...There's only a tiny bit still to be done, but they're not pushing for the payment so I will continue to withhold it.

BelleBeau said...

I agree Mandy, don't pay until it is done, and done right! It's true about the insurance, happened on our current house.

Can't wait to see the facade rendered, I can't imagine render colours, my brain is not wired that way.

I needs pics!!

Cheers
J

NoShitSherlock said...

Don't worry J, the pics will be here as soon as it's done!!

We went to have another look tonight (after tea so waaaayyy too dark to take photos) and they have taken all the plastic off the windows so tomorrow (yay!!) I will be able to get some shots of the paint job (yay!!!), even if it has to be through the glass. I'll expect the same from you very soon!