I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Sunday 26 April 2009

Stair lovingly into my eyes....lol!

I really didn't want to post anything just yet, but it's soooo hard to get in to take photos at the moment!! The wonderful man has come in and put the correct staircase in for us. I am in love with my staircase! The plasterer has come back to finish off around the place. He had a bit of a 'whoopsie' when the plaster was hung in the garage roof before the scaffold came off the roof. They then had to cut a huge hole in the plaster to access the scaffold which was still attached...idiots!! All is patched up again now.

Skirtings and architraves nearly complete now, so I guess we'll be paying that big 'fix' bill soon. Our bath has arrived and is sitting neatly in the games room. Painting has begun. The bifolds and stairs have now been stained and the rest of the painting is well under way. Went to peek through the holes in the plastic yesterday and the guys were there who had just installed our Quantum Quartz benchtops in the kitchen!! Yay!! They very kindly opened the doors and let us in for a quick look around. Unfortunately, I wasn't expecting to get in and I didn't have my camera!!! Note to self - always carry camera in car!! Anyway, from what I can see of the paint, the colours are looking pretty good.

So here are some photos that I was able to take early in the week of the staircase and the stain ('cedar' if anyone's interested).

4 comments:

K AND T said...

Hi Mandy,
Wow, great progress. Your stairs look lovely!!! What are you doing for the risers and balustrade - paint or stain?
Hope you've got your camera safely packed away in your hadbag for your next visit....more pictures required, lol!
Cheers,
K.

would be home said...

Wow beautiful stain on the stairs. Will wait for the updated pics.

BelleBeau said...

I agree WOW, those stairs are exquisite!! Good to see that things are moving at your house, I think we are neck and neck. LOL

We even settle within days of each other, we must be twins! I hope that means we both get in, in time. As my youngest daughter keeps reminding me, when I start moaning about forgetting the camera, you have a camera in your phone. I think it's because she does not want to get dragged back again after I go home to get it.

Why didn't you want to post so soon, I'd post everyday if something happened as the blogis my on line diary of the build. Are you on rations?

Cheers
J

NoShitSherlock said...

Hi J,

yes I believe we may be twins... neck-and-neck in the building stakes, sold and settling around the same time, magpie lovers, and did I see the word 'Libran' somewhere on your blog???? Amazing, and just a little bit frightening..lol.

The camera on my phone is crap and I refuse to use it (even in emergencies..) and no, I am not on rations (perish the thought), I just hate posting without a decent pic! Lol - I have a feeling I'll be post-happy over the next few weeks..