I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Lookin' good!!

Met the fixing carpenter today. He was putting the finishing touches onto the alfresco. Skirtings and architraves now done inside. Not completely finished yet, he tells me, until he's done the balcony floor. Lovely guy - told me that we should be well and truly finished before our July 3 deadline!! We'll see.....

Anyhoo... had a look at my paint today. All the plastic has been removed from the windows and most of it is done. Apparently the painters will be starting on the feature colours tomorrow. I can't wait to see them all together. Bit of a worry, but as they say, it's only paint! I've kept most of the paint pretty neutral (sorry J..) but my current house has been very colourful for quite a while and I needed a change. It won't all be bland though, plenty of colour to come. Here's some pics...

Games room - strange place for a bath, but I suppose I could get used to it. Lol!

Looking from games. All walls painted in Wattyl 'Kid Leather'

Top of stairs, handrail all stained and varnished.


Looking up.... risers still to be painted feature colour.


Harry Potter's room under the stairs.


Kitchen - more 'Kid Leather'. I wish they'd take the plastic off so I can see what it looks like!!


Living room.


Looking out from Rumpus.

3 comments:

BelleBeau said...

Wow Mandy, your house is looking stunning! You must be pleased with it coming together so well.

We got to sneak in tonight. Our walls are not painted yet, but they have cut in the walls so we can kind of see the colour. Yes, a neutral flow colour. Can't wait to see your feature walls. What colour are you having your risers?
Hope they stay on track for you (and me! LOL)

Are your tiles on yet???

Cheers
J

NoShitSherlock said...

Hi J,

thanks, I am really pleased with how it's looking so far. Isn't it funny how you breathe just a tiny sigh of relief every time something goes in and it looks okay. The risers on the stairs are going to be Wattyl 'Exotic Night', which is a dark purple (??!!)- I'm just hoping it doesn't look too dark as it will probably be mostly in shadow. Anyway, hope it's a good colour 'cos it's also gonna be in the master bedroom (had to put it there with a name like that - nudge, nudge, wink, wink...Lol) and also in 'my' lounge room.

No sign of tiles yet. How about you? And where's your pictures??? Was it too dark when you snuck in? I need an update very soon!!

K AND T said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!!
"Exotic Night" sounds gorgeous too, love how you are using it "here and there" throughout the house.