I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Open wide, come inside....

Did a drive-by at lunchtime and saw a white van parked at the house and a person outside carrying a large bucket??? Don't know who they were or what they were doing. I'm hoping maybe the tiler cleaning the floors a bit in preparation??
Went back after school pick-up and no one was there so we did our habitual 'walk around the house and look through the windows to see what's been done'. Was walking back to the car, disappointed that nothing had been done, glanced at the front door and saw that it was wide open!! Woo hoo!! I mean 'oops, how did that happen...?' So we were able to go in and have a good look around.
The painters have finished for the time being and the tiles are sitting there waiting to be laid (which is why I locked the door securely behind me when we left). The bath has been put in its proper place (it's very small - will never be able to fit all four kids in there....) and the shower recesses have been prepared for tiling. Oh, and the downpipes have been put on. So, yes, a little bit has been done.
I rang my CSC the other day and had a rather heated conversation about the ridiculous bifolds that have been installed. I notice on all your blogs that your doors have a hinged door, a handle and a lock. Not us - we must have missed that option somewhere and I am very unhappy about the configuration. Unfortunately, it seems there is nothing we can do except pay for them to pull them out and replace them with others. Can't afford that - nothing we can do. I suppose if that's the worst that will happen to us throughout the build, we are pretty lucky. :)

Hope to have some tiling pics soon.


The house now with infill over garage door painted 'Woodland Grey' (instead of the selected 'Dune') - looks okay so we will leave it at that.

A glimpse of 'Exotic Night' in the rumpus room.


QQ Benchtop in kitchen - 'New Diamond White'

From top of stairs - feature wall to void in 'Tivo'.

Balcony decking installed.


New rubbish dump/shower


Bath now in correct room (no bricks in it to hold it down though...)


'Exotic Night' risers on stairs. What do you think?


1 comment:

BelleBeau said...

WOW those stairs are amazing, I love purple!! Exotic night is Yum!

Great luck that you were able to get in and have a look around too. Do your drawings show no door on the Bi Folds? Hae you got any pics of the display or is it still open, can you visit? Might give you something to got back to them with? I have already sent a pic of our display house (since closed) to my CSC about something else. Never know, it might help.
You are right though, if that is the only thing that goes haywire in the build it's not too bad.

Glad to see that they have been doing things at your place too, we don't have tiles yet :-(

Cheers
J