I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Wednesday 17 June 2009

Au Revoir....for now.

Well, we are all set to go offline. I don't know when I'll have 'net access again so this will be the last post for a while. Handover is set for Friday (woo hoo!!!) We have a Certificate of Occupancy and the final invoice has been lodged at the bank and is awaiting approval. So if all goes well, we see the SS at the house for a final inspection, then pick the bank cheque up and head down to the PD office for the official handover. Then it will be all systems go - we'll try not to break any speed limits on the way home, but we will definitely be going there as quickly as possible! The moving van is booked for Saturday, but we will be taking some mattresses and an Esky on Friday night and having our first sleepover! The kids just will not wait (and, just quietly, either can I..lol)
So, thanks to all who have followed our build and commented with advice and support - it has been greatly appreciated. Goodbye for now... see you when I return to cyberspace!!

3 comments:

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Mandy, good luck on handover day. can't believe how quickly they built your house, site scrape 3 months after we started. Theplace looks great and I am sure that you guys will have a great sleepover on the first night, very exciting for the kids I think. Good luck and hope everything goes to plan on the day.

K AND T said...

Well done Mandy!
How exciting for the kids ( and for you! )
Hope it's all smooth sailing for you from here on in.
Have fun and enjoy your new home,
K. xx

Relle said...

Congratulations Mandy!

How exciting it must be, the kids will no doubt have a ball at the sleepover and for your sake I hope you can get some rest for your moving day on Saturday.

I imagine things are going to be pretty hectic over the next few weeks.
I can't wait to see when you finally get back into blogging, how you have settled in and how the outside is taking shape.
Have fun and try and take time to smell the roses.
Relle.