I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Tuesday 10 February 2009

My thoughts.

We did the best we could to cope with the 46deg heat on Saturday - we spent the day at my sister's house swimming in her pool, huddling in the shade and sharing a few cold beverages. The sky was menacingly grey. We didn't know if it was dust being blown around by the strong winds or smoke. Then as the wind changed late in the afternoon we could suddenly smell what was definitely smoke. We could hear the sirens as the local CFA trucks left town to help out where they could. We are miles and miles away from any of the mass destruction, but that smell and those sounds filled us with dread. Of course, it was a stinking hot day with strong winds and we are experiencing one of the worst droughts ever, so it was inevitable there would be fires, but none of us ever imagined this....... Our thoughts and prayers are with all the victims, the volunteers and their families.

No comments: