I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Friday 6 February 2009

Selling up.


I just thought I would add a few photos of the house from different angles before the bricks start. After the scaffold was removed, the chippies were able to complete the alfresco frame and install the upstairs windows.
A friend of mine informed me today that her husband has the bricklaying job!! I was very surprised to say the least but happy that a local is doing it. He needs to do a good job because I know where he lives!!!! Lol, at least he doesn't have to travel far. Apparently he starts Monday, so my house will look like a house in no time.
On another note, we put our current house on the market this week. We had a difficult time deciding when to do it. On one hand, if the house sold too quickly, we may be a family of six and a dog with nowhere to live, and on the other hand, if it doesn't sell soon, we will be struggling to pay two mortgages!! In an ideal world, the house will sell shortly, we'll have a long settlement and then rent from the new owner until our new house is ready.... I guess this is just one of those occasions where we just have to sit back and let whatever happens happen. On that note, I think I will have a drink...



3 comments:

BelleBeau said...

Looking good, will be bricked in no time!
I so know how you feel. We are struggling to decide when to put our house on the market too. Definitely don't want to try to find somewhere to live for a month if the build goes abit longer than we think. Great to hear about the bricklayer, you should get a good job!

Cheers
J

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Guys, really coming along. Saw your comment on the house and BB's. we met the people building next to M&J last week and they have a slight problem, put the house on the market and the house is not finished yet so need to find temporary accommodation. It is really a dilema. We are renting at the moment and hanging out to try and pick a date so know the feeling. Bets of Luck .

R&C

THE HOLIDAY GANG said...

Hi Mandy
Hope all goes well with the sale timing - but more importantly that you get a great price for the house! Like R&C, we sold first and then rented. We really wanted to know what we had to play with before we started.
Can't wait to see those bricks up!