I 'Googled' the name of the house we are building with Porter Davis and found all these blogs of people in very similar circumstances to us. I thought 'what a great idea! What a fantastic way to keep a record of our progress.' So here is my attempt. We are a family of 6 building a just-right sized house west of Melbourne. Feel free to travel along with us.

About Me

I'm a woman with many interests but very few skills. I'm committed to trying to make the world a better place and one that we can share peacefully. I want people to be respectful thinkers. I have a husband but I don't think that defines me. I also have kids who I love dearly and am so proud of. We have a dog.

Thursday 12 February 2009

That's a Wrap!


I can't help but feel guilty that while hundreds of people are losing their own houses, our new one just keeps going up. The lower level has been wrapped, the plumbing roughed in and brickies started.

I went and saw the electrician and he has put my mind at ease - nothing was a problem. I am so glad we were brave enough to ask our supervisor, after PD had emphatically insisted that nothing more could be done! It was lucky I did talk to the electrician because there were a few things missing from his plan that were on mine! He must've had an old one without revisions so that was sorted out as well.




Strangely enough, our plumber rang us with a few discrepancies the day before - he too had the wrong plans! Nothing major, just number of and position of taps, but lucky it was picked up early.

Our brickies are well and truly under way. My daughter pointed out tonight as we drove past, that they have started bricking up the top level before it has been wrapped. Has that happened to anyone else? Is it a problem? I might get Graeme (hubby) to go and talk to them tomorrow just to be sure.

1 comment:

BelleBeau said...

Hi Mandy, I so know what you mean. Our new house is less than 10k from the fire areas.
Your house is looking great, it just keeps rolling along. We are awaiting brickies at the momen, so send them over when you are finished OK? LOL!
Good to hear that your electrical and plumbing has been sorted out. I admit that is one of my worries too!
Cheers
J